Yessiree, this post today is all about the range of perks working as an employee here at Duluth Pack.
What does this post have anything to do with our brand or products that we make? Well, a whole bunch. We as a company strive off of the motivation, desire, and work ethic to be the best product and quality filled brand on the shelves to date. To keep this flame alive, we have to enjoy what we do behind the scenes as well. Honestly, Duluth Pack is a fun filled company that includes gut wrenching laughs, sing-offs (we bust out the doe, ray, me!) and the energy that we are a actually a family.
So, without a further a do, let’s get into the nitty gritty of the ‘behind the scenes’ perks of working here at good ol’ DP!
1) We as a company are filled with stories. We has a whole brand and company have been around the block since 1882. Ohh yaaa, you betcha! We sure know a thing or two (come on even three) about canvas, leather, and rivet materials. But, beyond that, we know the respect it takes to make our products and the lives of the individuals who have put their blood, sweat, and laughs into creating them for our one in a million ranked customers! It’s absolutely intriguing to research old information on the Duluth Pack brand. The creator of Duluth Pack, Camille Poirier has old autobiography about his time and ideas to create the pack we call today, the Duluth Pack!
2) Let’s get into modern times now! Besides the awesome heritage there are multiple perks of why we call, Duluth Pack our place of work (and great laughs!) . Some of are employed to work on our sales floor in our retail store located in Canal Park, Duluth, Minnesota, others are employed to handcraft our lifetime guaranteed bags and work their magic, and the rest of us work behind desks to publicly announce our goods, manage numbers, communicate with dealers, talk with customers, design graphics, and many other outsources. Beyond the spinning chair, colorful post-it’s, cupcakes in the back room, and lotion hands (after working with Waxed Canvas) , we get a sense of accomplishment each and every day. This is not a joke! Whether we have a customer from Germany purchasing their very first Duluth Pack product for their 5 year old tyke or a long time loyal purchaser handing off their 50 year old Duluth Pack canoe pack to their grandchild, we still get the butterflies. How many companies can really say they know that feeling, too?
3) We’re treated exceptionally well! Here at Duluth Pack, we put our time in, but we are complimented, respected, and appreciated for the work we do. Plus, the benefits of working here are spot on! There is nothing better than knowing you’re being treated just as well and equal to the management staff.
4) FOOD! Can you say, FREE DONUT FRIDAYS?! Oh yeah. That happens! We can smell them when we walk in the front door and you know I’m going to a-line it for that box filled with sprinkled and glazed goodness! But, we don’t ever feel guilty about eating a fistful of donuts, because we run our staircases multiple times of the day, and here in the Marketing Department we implemented a zero calorie beverage regimen (we’re going strong!) . Let’s be real though, coffee with creamer at 8:00 a.m. doesn’t count (wink, wink).
5) We live in Duluth, Minnesota. Do I have to say more? Duluth is an unbelievable location to raise a family and reside. Sure, it gets a wee bit chilly in the winter, but hey, it allows us to appreciate the summer months that much more! We have natural sand beaches, the gorgeous Aerial Lift Bridge, the largest fresh water lake in the world in our backyard – Hey, Lake Superior, delicious local restaurants, Canal Park, the Lakewalk, and not to mention, we were voted as the best outdoor city in the country! We could go on and on and on, but we don’t want to rub it in your face too much. :)
At the start and end of each day, we’re proud to be part of this Made in America and humble company! Ps: Feel free to come take a tour and join in on our sing-offs and not to mention, costume contests. Beware, we go ALL out!
– From your friends at Duluth Pack